Sunday, June 12, 2011

summertime...


It's finally summertime at WinSol3. and the livin' is easy. Enjoying the incredible blooms of the wildflowers. Most of them are perennials which have automatically reseeded themselves from last year.

The more i learn about Sepp Holzer's permie style, the less work I am doing.

I just announced two open house weekends here. If anyone is interested in an invitation, please email me (fredk at gmail)

So I will be doing three main projects this summer:  The pizza oven which will require moving the firepit and replacing it with a rocket stove mass heater... which will be smokeless and keep people way warmer for 1/10th the wood.  These rocket sotves/heaters are one of the most amazing things I've learned about this year - thanks to Sieben Linden's Ole.  And also from the same source - I'll be digging the foundation for the PAHS guest house.  PAHS stands for Passive Annual Heating Storage, this one is Dr. John Hait from RMI book from the 70's.



Always learning and movin' at WinSol3.  Non stop fun + curiousity.




No comments:

Post a Comment