Monday, August 1, 2011

Risks +

Lately, life at WinSol3 took at turn downward. On Friday nite I got stung by some ground nesting wasps and then today on my walk in the forest, I took a major stumble and dislocated my shoulder. At least I haven't cut my arm or leg off (yet?) with my chain saw.

Murphy has a weird way of showing up around here. Usually he just makes things more complicated and longer, but lately he's been getting downright nasty.
As I was ripping and clearing out the old firepit to make room for the patio tile expansion (20+ cement bags, and new circular firepit with integrated rocket stove and future pizza oven), I didn't even notice that I'd disturbed a whole bunch of in-ground wasp nests.  Those little bastards can really dig long tunnels with multiple entrances.  So drinking my wine and talking with friends on Friday nite, I didn't even notice the little guys circling around my bare feet - they were sizin' me up!   I got stung once... no biggie... i brushed it off and thankfully didn't feel any pain.  And then 10 minutes later 3 more bites under my swim trunks and sandals.  OUCH!   And then the swelling started.  

Last time I got stung by a whole nest of wasps at the white water tank, the entire left side of my body swelled up for a week... i was told that I could go into epilectic shock if it happened again.  Somewhere I had an old bendryl hypo somewhere, but didn't care to use it... unless the swelling didn't go down.

So my entire right leg swelled up... the more I used it and walked around the less swelling, the more i rested the bigger the swelling... so I started working and walking... and two days later... my body is TOTALLY NORMAL  and I have 5 red souvenier marks.

Cure for Wasps
After reading up and chatting with people... I went out around midnite with heavy boots and clothing to the max.  Armed with shovel, rake and gasoline... I cleared the entire area, poured gasoline on the ground and inverted some large pans (cement mixing pans).  Next morning they were all gone.  Only to pop up again about 5 feet away... so tonite I gotta do the same thing.


Humpty Dumpty
On my walk today in the forest - which I've taken hundreds of times... I stumbled on a tree stub in the middle of the road that just sent me reeling... I mean launched me and put me down straight up.  Luckily I rolled and came down on my shoulder... pop!   I've done that before skiing... but never on dirt!   Easy to pop back in.  It'll be hurtin' some tomorrow.

So now to getting more of my garden fresh salad in me (biodynamic vegies) to boost my immune system and give it a little boost.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's about as risky as it gets here. There's no cars, hi-speed roads, stoplights, people running around... so not much happens in comparison to the city. Wasps and stupid walks are about it.. except for the occassional drifter... :-) 






.

No comments:

Post a Comment