Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Euro Blog 2

My transition to Euroland - Austria to be specific - has been made. After a bout with jet lag fatigue on Sunday, I am fully adjusted and having fun. The 3 groups of students here have been a real joy to teach with and I am not over indulging in the delicious food + pastries - yet!
I am still adjusting to the internet though - everytime I log onto this blog and most other web sites it's always in german, and i have to think about what it means.  It's pretty cool that all my web searches are europe based - so I am learning a lot of new green+groovy things.

Here's a picture of the town I am staying and teaching in:


 and here's a picture of the FHS building (University of Applied Science) where I am teaching... it's double walled glass with HVAC mainly in between the glass envelopes... very cool design... similar to the Uni at Innsbruck.


I have a few blog drafts that I am working on, but right now I have to head out for my first ICE train (hi-speed) experience.  I am so damn excited... feel like a little kid about to go on his first Amtrak ride (NOT!  :-)  I'll be looking at the front of the train car where the train speed is posted and see if they exceed the 230 that I saw last time...  all from my comfortable seat that has a plug for my laptop and wifi on board.  And ya'll wonder why i continue to do this every year?  Well, it won't be long before I miss the California coast and the beloved Sierra Mountains and WinSol3 and will be looking forward to coming home.  But that's a ways off....

No comments:

Post a Comment